AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, August 29, 2010

THE BRIDESMAID DRESS




If you are wondering why I haven't been blogging lately, it's because I've been SEWING! Typical to my tendency toward unrealistic ambition, I decided that my first real sewing project since the 7th grade should be a dress for my best friends wedding. Thanks to some beautiful and forgiving fabric, and a little help from my mom (though not without excessive rolling of the eyes), it turned out okay! Maybe, even in fact, a little bit cute!

The pattern is adapted from McCall's M5752 View B.



I should say loosly based on, which is partly the cause of my mother's excessive eye rolling. She also hounded me for cutting off all my notches, which after sewing the midriff on completely sideways, I will never forget again.

Overall, despite the headache, it was such a fun project. Dressmaking is a terribly logical process, not like pants, which confound me every time. There are many, many more in my future and I'm eternally grateful that I have a friend that trusts me enough to let me make my dress for her wedding!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: